Our Bible verse for the week of VBS is found in Matthew 5:16 and speaks of others “seeing the good things you do” and “bringing glory to your Father who is in heaven” I pray these pictures, statistics, and stories do just that – give glory to God!
- 277 Kids Engaged!
- Over 40 Bibles given away!
- 61 Youth Volunteers!
- 138 Adult Volunteers!
- 476 total people on campus who were engaged!
- 2 big buckets – overflowing with coins – given as an offering for our FBCMF Food Pantry!
- GOD’S TRUTH proclaimed and lives changed!
- THANK YOU for saying Yes, to VBS!
What were the top 5 things you loved about VBS?
- I have been really impressed with the video of the man telling the Bible story…easily understood, enthusiastic delivery and length appropriate for our schedule!
- The smooth flow of the rotations with everyone sticking to the schedule.
- The number of volunteers meeting all of the needs…probably the result of the exceptional leadership of our Children’s Minister!
- The enthusiasm of the Music Team Leaders!
- Just the opportunity to work with the kids and hopefully help someone come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- That we get to help the kids make something tangible and fun that will remind them about VBS and about Jesus!
- Getting to interact with the kids and hear all about them and what they love!
- That we can hear the worship team and all the kids each morning getting loud, pumped up and ready for the day!
- Getting to know the wonderful people I’m working with on a more personal level.
- The look on their faces when they come in to see what craft we’re going to do each day.
- The energy of the kids!
- The music and dance moves.
- The engagement of the kids and their wanting to learn.
- The goofy ones who don’t follow the script – they dance to their own choreography!
- The guy in the video every morning. His messages and illustrations are awesome!
- I have loved seeing children take the Bible stories and apply them to their own lives.
- I have loved seeing children come to VBS excited to worship and learn more about God.
- I have loved seeing the adult VBS volunteers minister to one another.
- I have loved seeing God work in unexpected ways.
- I have loved being able to pray over the children every day before they leave our classroom.
Teacher: Do you remember what Jesus said to Nicodemus?
Kindergartner: I don’t know. I wasn’t there.
From Janice Preston: Today our story was about Nicodemas visiting Jesus at night. I told the children that one of the reasons Nicodemas wanted to talk to Jesus was because he had heard about the miracles that Jesus had performed. I asked the children if they knew what a miracle is and one precious little boy on the front row (I wish you could have seen the determination on his serious face) who had just received a Bible stuck his forefinger up in the air, stopped the class, opened his new Bible and said “If you’ll wait just a minute, I’ll find out!” He flipped through his Bible diligently searching for something about a miracle. Although he wanted the class to wait until he found a story about a miracle, he finally flipped it shut and said “Nope, I didn’t find it.” We encouraged him to spend the rest of his life reading and searching for the different times Jesus performed miracles and all the other truths God has in store for us. May we never lose our eagerness and desire to study the amazing gift of His precious Word!