Sermon Link: All In Session One
Family Scripture Reading: 2 Chronicles 6&7
Summary: Our church is beginning our All In Campaign and will be spending the next four weeks teaching through the importance of buildings. Often times we can wonder the importance of buildings or think they are nothing but floors, walls, and ceilings. However, Solomon sees the temple as incredibly important and holy and goes through extravagant processes to dedicate it to God. On Wednesday night we talked with your students about the importance of our building and our room that we meet in every week, and that when we dedicate it to God we are making the conscious decision to expect God to show up every week. When we expect God to show up, like Solomon does, God does huge things and his people are blessed by his presence. In all this we found that our buildings are incredibly important, incredibly biblical, and we build them because we expect God and His people to show up in them. This week read the passages in 2 Chronicles, talk through the following conversations with your teenager, and join us Sunday morning as we learn what God has for our church and our buildings.
These are questions to ask your teenager that are deeper than, “How was Wednesday night?!” and they reply, “…good.”
- “What do you expect to happen tonight at church?”
- “What do you think the purpose of our church building is?”
- “Do you have any fond memories that our church building connects you to? Tell me about them?”
- “You read 2 Chronicles 7 on Wednesday night, why do you think Solomon takes the building of the temple so seriously? Do we take our church and our building seriously?”
These are things you can do for the message to stick.
- Take the time to pray that you would be aware of God’s presence at in your church building before you go on Sunday mornings or Wednesday nights.
- Dedicate your house to God. As believers, we should dedicate everything to God. Make a conscious decision as a family that everything that happens in your house and everything you use it for will bring glory to Him and expand his Kingdom.
- Pray as a family about how you can contribute to All In, as we talk about the importance of our current building, our new one will provide much needed space to disciple the next generation and expand the Kingdom of God as our community grows.