Sermon Link: All In Session Two
Family Scripture Reading: 2 Chronicles 24
Summary: Our church is in the middle of our All In campaign and church wide we are teaching through four weeks of the importance of buildings and how God has used the buildings his people built to bring glory to himself and do great things. This week we talked about how buildings and our future building plan can bring unity. We looked at the moment King Joash brings the people back to the temple in Jerusalem to collect a tax to fix the temple. In this story we saw two things, and one is that creating physical unity and bringing people together leads to spiritual, emotional, and mental unity. That we must bring people together to cast great vision and our building helps us do that every week and the more we gather, the greater things we can accomplish for God. The second thing is that the visions we cast, whether it be future buildings or great dreams of reaching our community and seeing our church grow, create unity by bringing people along on a journey and choosing to accomplish them together. This week talk about how your family can find unity with each other, with the student ministry, and with our church by regularly being present in worship and gathering with each other as well as being “all in” for our church’s future.
These are questions to ask your teenager that are deeper than, “How was Wednesday night?!” and they reply, “…good.”
- Do you think it’s important to gather with our church regularly in worship, small groups, and on Wednesday nights?
- The writer of Hebrews tells us to not forsake meeting together. What is the difference in being physically present?
- What great thing has God put in your heart to accomplish? How can we help our church in this?
- Do you feel like you’re building unified relationships in your student ministry? Why or why not? How can you be more involved to be a part of the vision of reaching your friends and their families?
- How can we a part of our churches All In campaign and find unity with other families encouraging them to join with us?
These are things you can do for the message to stick.
- Take an inventory of where you spend your most time and in what places? The more we gather together, the more God works on us as a community of believers and the more unity we find with one another. Where we spend the most of our time, and the first things we’re willing to miss are a great revealer to our priorities.
- Come up with a dream you want to accomplish for the Lord that He has given you. Pray over it and then create a plan to enact it. This could be inviting a family you know to church, serving in some capacity, attending a mission trip next year. When people gather around a big dream, the find great unity with one another.
- Pray as a family about how you can contribute to All In, as we talk about the importance of our current building, our new one will provide much needed space to disciple the next generation and expand the Kingdom of God as our community grows.